Check this out!
My name is Sophia!
Follow @makeup_blogette on Instagram
- 1. Tag: All About Eyes!
- 2. Random Chat: Nov - Dec 2013
- 3. Fragrance Chat: Why Stop at One?
- 4. LOTD: Lorac Pro to Go Palette & Suqqu Lippy
- 5. Experiencing Estetica's VitaLift A+ Multi-Wave Face Therapy
- 6. Review: Koh Gen Do Moisture Concealer
- 7. LOTD: NARS Ride up to the Moon Palette
- 8. Kiehl’s New Fragrance: Patchouli & Fresh Rose
- 9. NARS x Guy Bourdin: A Special Makeover & Voyeur Eyeliner Set [Photos & Swatches]
- 10. NARS x Guy Bourdin Collection: All the Cinematic Lipsticks [Photos & Swatches]
- 11. NARS x Guy Bourdin Collection: Fling Lip Kit [Photos & Swatches]
- 12. LOTD: Purple Smokey with Guerlain Ecrin 2 Couleurs Two Gossip
- 13. Review & Application: Ettusais Mineral BB Liquid & Mineral BB Plus Powder
- 14. Review & Comparison - 13rushes: Cruelty Free, Synthetic Brushes
- 15. Review & Application: Guerlain Tenue de Perfection
Click to check out my foundation reviews
2009 Foundations Overview
- Love this tag!! So up my alley too! by Sheshopsmakeup on Tag: All About Eyes!
- I also tried asking for the orange Lancôme lippie and by Sheshopsmakeup on Random Chat: Nov - Dec 2013
- Nice!! i will purchase the powder!! by Anonymous on Review: Ettusais BB Mineral Cream & Powder
- I want to buy it. by heesook on Giorgio Armani Micro-Fil™ Pink Light Loose Powder
- Ride up to the moon looks gorgeous! I do wish by thebeautymilk on LOTD: NARS Ride up to the Moon Palette
- @ Anonymous - quack quack back at you, thanks for by the makeup blogette on NARS x Guy Bourdin Collection: All the Cinematic Lipsticks [Photos & Swatches]
- @ Mabel - yes! haha by the makeup blogette on LOTD: NARS Ride up to the Moon Palette
- quack quack why do you always have such a by Anonymous on NARS x Guy Bourdin Collection: All the Cinematic Lipsticks [Photos & Swatches]
FAQ & DISCLAIMER
My name is Sophia, and I am in my early 30s. I am from Singapore and I am the sole writer of this blog.
About this Blog
I started this blog in 2006, I like to use a wide range of brands though I seem to have a growing preference for higher-end brands in recent years. I also like to share interesting things I have come across about makeup and beauty.
Currently The Makeup Blogette receives 39,000 unique views monthly or 2,238,932 views and counting.
My Makeup Style
I like classic looks (neutral tones on eyes, anything goes for lips & cheeks), though occasionally I try out dramatic/ statement looks. I believe that a flawless base is the key to achieving great makeup looks. I also believe that if you don't have great skin to start with, fake it with a good foundation routine, and even greater skincare. I am currently loving Clarins & Lancome skincare products, and Vichy NormaDerm for tackling with breakouts.
What Cameras do I use?
Most of the pictures you see in post 2010 entries are taken with my Canon G-11. Previously I was using Canon Ixus 80. I do post some pictures which are taken with my iphone4 which I will state in that particular entry. I have stopped watermarking my pictures as of 2011, because I think watermarks are ugly in general, and does not prevent people from stealing my pictures if they wish to. I just take it as a compliment that my pictures are even worth stealing in the first place. I might look into getting a Canon EOS next year, not just for blogging purposes, but I also like photography in general.
My Favourite Makeup Brand(s)
It is hard to name just one, but I like NARS, Chanel, Illamasqua and the ocasional Guerlain, Dior & Urban Decay item. I own quite a stash of MAC items, but recently I have stopped catching up with their collections, and I much prefer to splurge on a few really outstanding items.
Where to find me
Twitter (link button above!) Email (stated above!) Instagram (makeup_blogette)
I have no official Facebook fan page, and currently have no intention to start one at all. The Makeup Blogette remains my personal hobby and property, so as such, I don't believe in having a Facebook fanpage for it.
I bought/ paid for all of the products mentioned in this blog. I am not affliated to any company. If certain products are sent to me for review purposes, I will say so and express my honest opinions about them. In any case, I will only review and showcase the products which I have personally tried and tested, and enjoy using. I do not get paid to review anything.
No ads, no paid links etc please. I am in charge of all content and pictures here.
I am not a makeup artist, nor do I have any professional training in makeup.