My name is Sophia!
Follow @makeup_blogette on Instagram
- 1. Review & Application: Rachel K CC Renew Routine
- 2. NEW Lancôme Blush Subtil [Photos & Swatches]
- 3. Bobbi Brown x L'wren Scott: Amnesia Rose Palette [Photos & Swatches]
- 4. Clé de Peau Beauté Luminzing Face Enhancer No 14 [Photos & Swatches]
- 5. LOTD: Laid Back Red & Naked3 Palette
- 6. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes [Photos & Swatches]
- 7. Dior My Lady Blush Palettes in 002 and 003
- 8. Blogsale March 2014 - SOLD OUT
- 9. A Box of Tarte Goodies & First Impressions!
- 10. GlamGlow YouthMud & SuperMud Launch & Quick Review!
- 11. Review: Jet Concept's JET PR3 Facial & Liquid Laser Routine
- 12. Haul & Pics: BeautyAsia 2014
- 13. A Simple & Hydrating Routine with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
- 14. LOTD: Day to Night with Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette
- 15. LOTD: Lancôme Hypnôse Star Eyes Palette Brun Adore
Click to check out my foundation reviews
2009 Foundations Overview
- Yay! Thx u for your review , I was hoping by xoxovinna on Review & Application: Rachel K CC Renew Routine
- That palette has all my favorite shades in it. I by Mich T on LOTD: Laid Back Red & Naked3 Palette
- What shade did you get in the loose powder?im fiji by Uniquexviet on NARS: Revisiting Sheer Glow Foundation & Loose Powder
- I just bought it! I like it, but I can by flo_v on Nicole by OPI Do Good, Feel Good
- Hi! For the soap and glory products, are they the by raehearts on Blogsale March 2014 - SOLD OUT
- The lip combo really is nice. Now you've got me by icyabstract on LOTD: Laid Back Red & Naked3 Palette
- Such a pretty look! Way better than my Naked 3 by Bubbly Michelle on LOTD: Laid Back Red & Naked3 Palette
- very intrigued by the CC primer, shall go check it by gwenned on A Box of Tarte Goodies & First Impressions!
FAQ & DISCLAIMER
My name is Sophia, and I am in my early 30s. I am from Singapore and I am the sole writer of this blog.
About this Blog
I started this blog in 2006, I like to use a wide range of brands though I seem to have a growing preference for higher-end brands in recent years. I also like to share interesting things I have come across about makeup and beauty.
Currently The Makeup Blogette receives 39,000 unique views monthly or 2,238,932 views and counting.
My Makeup Style
I like classic looks (neutral tones on eyes, anything goes for lips & cheeks), though occasionally I try out dramatic/ statement looks. I believe that a flawless base is the key to achieving great makeup looks. I also believe that if you don't have great skin to start with, fake it with a good foundation routine, and even greater skincare. I am currently loving Clarins & Lancome skincare products, and Vichy NormaDerm for tackling with breakouts.
What Cameras do I use?
Most of the pictures you see in post 2010 entries are taken with my Canon G-11. Previously I was using Canon Ixus 80. I do post some pictures which are taken with my iphone4 which I will state in that particular entry. I have stopped watermarking my pictures as of 2011, because I think watermarks are ugly in general, and does not prevent people from stealing my pictures if they wish to. I just take it as a compliment that my pictures are even worth stealing in the first place. I might look into getting a Canon EOS next year, not just for blogging purposes, but I also like photography in general.
My Favourite Makeup Brand(s)
It is hard to name just one, but I like NARS, Chanel, Illamasqua and the ocasional Guerlain, Dior & Urban Decay item. I own quite a stash of MAC items, but recently I have stopped catching up with their collections, and I much prefer to splurge on a few really outstanding items.
Where to find me
Twitter (link button above!) Email (stated above!) Instagram (makeup_blogette)
I have no official Facebook fan page, and currently have no intention to start one at all. The Makeup Blogette remains my personal hobby and property, so as such, I don't believe in having a Facebook fanpage for it.
I bought/ paid for all of the products mentioned in this blog. I am not affliated to any company. If certain products are sent to me for review purposes, I will say so and express my honest opinions about them. In any case, I will only review and showcase the products which I have personally tried and tested, and enjoy using. I do not get paid to review anything.
No ads, no paid links etc please. I am in charge of all content and pictures here.
I am not a makeup artist, nor do I have any professional training in makeup.