What happened to my previous post??!!!!! Was typing and rambling and suddenly it was posted without any words at all! Bleah. Now I have to re-type everything.
Ok, I got my natural nails again after sporting gel nails for the past 3 -4 months. There are good reasons why I decide to go back to natural nails.
- It was getting kind of frivolous and $$$ trying to maintain the gel nails every 3 - 4 weeks. Yes, I love the hard, shiny and smooth nails (which makes apply nail colors a breeze and they last longer w/o any chipping) -- but I was beginning to think, "If I skip 2 refills sessions, that would be the equivalent of a huge MAC haul, or if I skip 2 sessions, I can buy some SK-II which I have been wanting to try out on my 30 year old skin, or if I skip 1 session I could d a hair color job.... you get the drift....)
- I have been buying lots of nail polish lately, some neutrals, some classics, some wacky colors. And I really love to try them out on short nails. I think you can get away with all sorts of colors if you have short square nails. So I will be posting more nail-related stories soon!
- I think I can DIY the whole gel nails thing. I found out a shop which carries the IBD gel nail thingy/kit and I just need to get the UV lamp etc.. which all adds up to the cost of ..... 1 new set of gel nails if I were to do it at a nail salon. I have not ventured into this YET. Cos I think I should let my nails breathe, and be normal again before getting into all these stuff, and besides I don't think I have the time to really play around with this at home for now.
I also bought a few nail care products, which I prolly will blog about mid-week or this weekend.
So how does it feel like with my own short natural nails again?
- My finger tips feel really LIGHT and like stumpy.
- I can type much quieter now.
- Texting on my iphone is ultra sensitive now.
- I can eat using my hands without worrying about dirt getting into my nails. I used to have to wear gloves when dining outside, like when I am eating crabs. LOL. The lengths I go to in the name of beauty!! And food of course!
On my nails now, I am sporting OPI Tickets to Paradise. This is a pic of me sans make up & with big black specs, so I have to cover some of my pale face with a random stuffed bear thing.
Pictures taken with my macbook.