I was invited to the Lancôme Beauty Institute this afternoon, and I would like to share you with my experience. Hope this would be helpful to anyone considering the treatments offered!
Lancôme Beauty Institute is located at 2 places, one at MBS, and the other one I chose for my treatment, is located at the Goodwood Park Hotel Service Apartment (Level 1). I arrived early for my appointment, as you would usually do, so you have ample time to settle in, and get ready for your treatment. Do remember that if you turn up late, it might result in your treatment time being cut short - as with the case for most beauty treatments be it a manicure, spa or hair treatments.
Lancôme introduces a new treatment to their menu of facial treatments that features their latest innovation, which is the new Visionnaire serum, and the prodigious skin correcting power of the LR 2412 molecule: an exceptional active ingredient developed by Lancôme Research Laboratories, which can radically transform skin, visibly correct its texture, and recreate truly beautiful skin.
It is my first time to the Lancôme Beauty Institute and I was shown quickly around the facility, which consists of six treatment cabin, a makeup area filled with Lancôme makeup (for you to touch up after treatment), a VIP waiting area, and also the main reception entrance area. The treatment cabins that offer body treatments also come with attached shower area. Each of the cabin looks like the picture shown below, surrounded by soft curtains, and a flat smooth ceiling. The lighting changes color, according to their chromatherapy properties...though I had my eyes closed almost through the whole 90 minutes treatment. There was also soft ambient music being played during the whole treatment.
At Lancôme Beauty Institute combines science and the senses to bring about the best, including
¨ Unique Fusion Massage - rituals combining the best oriental massage and the most efficient occidental techniques
¨ Selection of Lancôme most powerful active ingredients and delightful textures
¨ Ingenious alchemy between perfume, exclusive music and colouring to enhance the state of receptivity to products and massages.
This picture shows the makeup area, the trolley containing the array of products which were used on me during the treatment, a nail salon (using Lancôme nail polishes!), and a booklet showing the cabins.
The treatment itself lasted 90 minutes, consisting of -- and this is how I personally remembered and segmented the procedure -- I have also included the official version, as indicated by the words in italics which I extracted from the press file.
1. Thorough makeup removal and cleansing routine (because I went there with my foundation & light eye makeup). This is followed by a hot towel treatment, which I assume is to open the pores for the next step.
Preparing the skin. To tighten pores deep down, zone by zone, but also to fully release tension in the face, the traditional steam method is replaced by a relaxing cleansing ritual, inspired by Japanese “Oshibori” (hot towels). These dance over the skin following a very precise choreography, alternating rocking movements and delicate stroking with pressure applied to the shiatsu points.
2. Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads (and also little bumps under my skin) this might cause some pain and discomfort to those, like me, who are not used to such a process, or have never done it before. A metal pointed tool is used to extract the blackheads, clogged dirt underneath your pores. Honestly, it was really painful at first, and for a moment, I felt maybe this is what having tattoos would feel like...but after a few minutes I sort of got used to the pain, and relaxed. In any case, you can always let the therapist know if you are uncomfortable at any point during the treatment.
3. Disinfection & facial mist - after the extraction, my skin was disinfected using the equipment you see in the above picture, there is some kind of mini current going on, and I could feel some slight zapping sensation, especially on my pre-breakout spots which went through the extraction. After this, a facial mist which is actually the Visionaire Lotion was lightly sprayed over my face. This part is actually very nice, and even fragrant.
The heart of the treatment. An innovative formula coupled with an innovative treatment technique: iontophoresis, which uses a weak electrical charge to optimise the penetration of active ingredients into skin. Following a generous application of the Visionnaire serum, the face is covered with a iontopheretic mask to boost absorption of the LR 2412 molecule. Skin tingles deliciously all over and already feels reactivated, as if being fully transformed.
4. Mask & Massage (7 minutes) - This is the part where I might have fallen asleep..haha... The therapist applied the Visionaire serum (rather liberally I think) all over my face. And covered my face with a mask sheet, followed by a warm towel compress is placed over my face. Then she massaged my arms and shoulders gently.
5. Main facial massage - after the mask is removed, she massaged my face, starting with each side of the jawline up to the forehead, then moving to the other side. She used small kneading movements, almost in rhythm to the gentle music. This is supposed to have some face sculpting and firming properties.
A 34-minute skin “re-creating” massage for a spectacular result. Every Lancôme treatment includes a “Fusion massage”: a unique combination of Eastern and Western massage techniques for maximum effects on the face. The Skin Corrector Treatment Fusion Massage penetrates deeply for an ultra-toning and revitalising effect, targeting all the facial muscles and skin layers, to stimulate the face’s microcirculation and boost the absorption of the active ingredients. The massage is performed first on one half of the face and then on the other so that the client can clearly feel, after the first half, that her skin is changing.
6. Finish with daytime skincare routine - after dabbing away the massage cream left on my face, she applied the Youth Activating Concentrate GÉNIFIQUE, followed by Visionnaire serum, and then a sunscreen. That was the end of the treatment. I lightly dusted my face with my Lancôme dual finish powder.
Results -- Skin is visibly transformed and radiant. Skin texture is finer and brighter; wrinkled are erased, pores are tightened, complexion irregularities are visibly reduced. Recreates truly beautiful skin.
My own thoughts: I feel that the extraction process really got rid of lots of dirt underneath my skin, and despite that, my pores definitely did not look enlarged --- though you can see that around my chin where the bumps are, look a little raw from the extraction. Overall, I certainly notice that my skin appear clearer and the sides of the face where the massaging took place, appear firmer and lifted.
Not going to show my whole face sans makeup....but I think this gives you a good idea of the after results of the 90-minute treatment.
It is also interesting to note that all the products used in the treatment are the same exact ones which you can get at retail counters. I asked the therapist if the products she used were professional usage ones, and she said she is using the same exact products which you can buy over the counter. Well, this is good as you can continue with your own maintainence and come for such treatments perhaps once a month (for optimal results). I can't really comment on the long-term effectiveness of everything, obviously, because this is just a one time treatment. I do use a couple of Lancôme products (my current FAVE eyecream & the Genifique serum)....but right now, I can't commit to a long term regular facial treatment to really see the full efficiency.
All I can say is that I enjoyed my treatment, and if you are into regular facials and if you enjoy massage (who doesn't?) then this is definitely something you want to check out, especially if you are already using the same products, you can probably learn how to apply them with methods that enhance the efficiency of your products (add value to your skincare routine!).
It's day 2 of post facial treatment, frankly, I am quite impressed by how smooth my skin looks, and there is certainly visible fading of the spots at the side of my face which I didn't notice the day before. The pores on my nose remains very minimised. Could this be due to the Visionaire serum?
Other useful information:
Length of treatment: 1hr 30min
Recommended retail price: $290
The Skin Corrector Treatment will be available for the first time at the Lancôme Beauty Institute from the 1st October 2011
Marina Bay Sands 2 Bayfront Avenue #B2-40 Singapore 018972 Tel: +65 6688 7699
Goodwood Park Hotel Service Apartments 22 Scotts Road Singapore 228221 Tel: +65 6737 6778
I hope this has been helpful. Thank you for reading.
(I often find it is better to post same day review of a facial/ beauty treatment, before I forget what was done, and how I felt after the session!)
p/s I was invited by Lancôme to go for the facial treatment, and all opinions are my own honest ones.