Hi hi, time for another monthly fave entry!
I shall list each item, and just briefly ramble as we go along:
- Lipsticks: NARS Belle Du Jour & YSL 148 Tea Rose -- these two lipsticks have been sitting in my makeup bag, and go with any look I am wearing, and they are easy to slap on without using a mirror.
- Illamasqua Rumour: Perfect cheek shading powder. It is matte, it is smooth, it is pigmented but color is so soft and subtle. Perfect shade for me.
- Guerlain Meteorites Poudre de Perles 01: Got this at a steal for $48. I have been loving it, if you see the top of the pan, it is slightly flattened already, even though I got it only a couple of weeks back. I think I might prefer this to the 'loose balls' version.
- Everyday Minerals (sample tub) Original Glo Base in Winged Butter: I use this with a MAC217 or 224 brush to set areas where I applied concealer. The small tub makes it friendly to bring out in my bag for quick touch ups.
- Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer Light Golden: I have been using this to cover my spotty chin, and it does the job perfectly. If I just want to conceal a larger area (eg redness around the corners of nose) I just dab a tiny amount using a fluffier brush and buff. For spots, I use a small tiny brush to do the job.
- NARS eyeshadows in Nepal and Lola Lola: Great neutrals. :)
- Brushes: MAC 217, Sigma F70, and EM Dome Blending Eye Brush: I have been using these brushes for my concealer.
And non makeup items:
- Vichy Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate: this is great for soothing sudden spots, it smells great, and more importantly, is effective. It takes about 2 days to heal the spot. Now my bro and sis are also using it.
- Inuovi Cleanit Brush Cleanser: I bought this a long time ago, but only started using it during the Halloween period when I needed to wash the same few brushes over and over for the massive paint jobs. Cleans your brushes very well, and after they dry, the hairs are very smooth. The only qualm I have is that it is soapy, and though the directions say no rinsing necessary, I can't help but feel I need to rinse the suds away.. (which I didn't and it was all fine). Better than MAC, because the pump spray design means you can control how much product you want to spray out over your brushes.
- Clarins Pore Minimising Serum: I am not really sure if it works, or it's my imagination, but my pores, especially those on my cheeks (closer to the sides of the nose area) have visibly tighten. Not so much visible effect for my nosy pores. I like the weird scent, and the consistency, it is like a light serum, adsorbed into your skin. Other pore minimising products I have used before are often those chalky types that leaves a dry/ matte/ powdery finish --- which I don't like, because that means it will mess up with your makeup routine.
And lastly, this product will be going into my all time, everyday fave product:
My Clarisonic Plus which I purchased more than a month back. I know I promised a review, and well, all I can say is, it had changed the way I look at skincare and my cleansing routine. It is not so much how much products you use on your skin, but more that you need to get rid of all the gunk on your face, before any of those products can take effect on your skin. Also, another myth debunked for me is makeup do not clog your skin/ pores. Improper cleansing and makeup removal is the culprit. I like it so much, I even brought it with me to my outdoor camp for 3 days this month (it lasts many many uses after a full charge).
Totally worth the price tag!
And just to share with you my current skincare routine --- for a month or so last month, I have been using up various deluxe sample sizes of skincare from CDP and Lancome, and now I am settled into my actual skincare regime --- I might do a detailed update/ review later this month.
Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil -- makeup removal
Clarisonic Plus used with either of the following cleansers:
after makeup removal: Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser (my friend who goes to JB quite often to do grocery always buy this for me, it's less than 50% of our prices here)
for no makeup days: Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter -- I use this on its own working it into my skin using my hands most of the time. Smells great, is not drying, and really nice and moisturising.
Clarins Shaping Facial Lift serum --- this is a pre-serum... meaning you can and should apply this before any other serums that follow.
Clarins Pore Minimising serum
If I am not going out, then Clarins HydraQuench Cooling Cream-gel -- I have listed this as one of my monthly faves a couple of months back.
If I am heading out, or on a workday -- Clarins White Plus Whitening Moisture Day Emulsion (SPF20++)
Sothys Neck Shaping Cream * review in progress* liking it so far!
Same Clarins serums as above.
Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum I am not too sure about what to say for this product. I really like the texture, and how SMOOTH it makes my skin feels. I am also super super impressed by how, the next morning, my skin looks practically flawless --- in terms of the texture, there is no oiliness, and just a nice glow. But I am not sure if it is really acting on my skin at all, or just a superficial perfecting film which will be washed away. Again, shall update when I am done using it.
** I had been using a Cle De Peau face cream, but that sample tub ran out ---- sooooo tempted to purchase the full sized one! Loving that cream!
So currently I am not using anything in terms of a night cream --- though I have stuff which I can try out, or use the Clarins cooling cream-gel as in my day routine.
Sothys Neck Shaping Cream
*** I should get a eye cream to use... soon!! ***
That's all, and I hope this has been helpful!
Thanks for reading.