Argh! It's one of those entries where you finished typing everything and click 'save', only to have some weird connection wipe out everything. And it's one of those rambly posts with lots of titbits of information! Sigh. So shan't even try to be 'creative' and list in point form what I was rambling about....
**** I didn't "smooth" out my face with PS.... it's the rather harsh lighting that flashed out my skin flaws. Great effect huh? But you prolly can still see zits on my forehead. Haha.
- I love brown eyeshadows, they go with everything, especially good on days when I do my makeup without really planning what to wear. And it is just very flattering for me, make my eyes look bigger, and depending on how you build up the color, you can go really natural or really sultry smokey look. Okay, besides browns/ neutrals, my go to colors might well be a smokey purple or green. I have been toying with the idea of lilac eyeshadows lately... hmmmm.
- Love Inglot eyeshadows - the browns I chose in my latest palette is a lovely combination of matte shades and shimmery ones, and I am glad that the shimmery goodness shows up nicely on my lids. You know how some shimmery eyeshadows look so good when swatched on hands, but 'disappear' their pow-wow-ness when blended out? But not for Inglot eyeshadows.
- Love this base combination - flawless, and long lasting. And photographs very well too. I like to use my Illamasqua Skinbase over a BB cream - and I really do use just a tiny bit of Skinbase. With this foundation you really must just use a little bit, and only build up if necessary. It provides almost full coverage, and if you use too much product, you will find that it might look cakey/ patchy.
- Love my Ettusais BB cream and BB mineral loose powder. Especially the loose powder! Given that I hace tried out so many great loose powders from various brands, to find something new that impress me, well, is really impressive! I must do my feature review of these two items very soon.
- Loving bronzed/ tanned looking base - and by that I don't mean I want to look tanned....which prolly isn't a good look for me... but given some bronzer and cheeks color, my face doesn't look like a pale flat pancake. There is some warmth, slight contour, and overall flattering appearance. and to achieve this, my staples are Clarins Mosaique Bronzer, MAC MSFs like Comfort, By Candlelight, MAC Bronzers like Refined Golden, NARS Madly, Illamasqua Lover. There are days/ weeks when I shun my pinky cheek colors and go the 'bronzey' orangey way with these products. And I really like the results! You will also notice that I tend to use 2 - 3 different products to achieve some cheek color that's to make sure I rotate my extensive stash of blush products. Haha.
All products used:
base - freshel bb cream, illamasqua skinbase, ettusais loose powder, shu uemura pro-gel cealer
cheeks - clarins mosaique bronzer, mac comfort msf, [nars nico for overall glow, illamasqua rumor to contour - I rarely do this unless I am going full on makeup]
lips - rachel k lipgloss
eyes - udpp, mufe aqua cream #12 - I don't really need to use a colored base but I just want to show this some love, inglot pearl 395 on brow-bone, inglot matte 337 on crease/socket, inglot pearl 409 on lids, inglot pearl 406 on lower lids
lashes are Ardel #120
stila eyeliner is amazing! it came with the natural eyes palette, it's so creamy and the perfect almost black brown. Goes on my lids really smoothly. if it's sold separately, I am so grabbing a few!
I think that's all.... I did this look for a night out with my girls... it was a total blast.
Have a great weekend!