Finally, an indepth look at the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors that I got, and I have also done four looks featuring each of the colors. They are already available at all Shiseido counters, definitely go and have a play at these gorgeous colors.
Each of these pots contain 6g of product and costs S$32.
I didn't pick any of my usual neutrals, simply because the bright colors in this collection are just too pretty to pass up. I have worn them several times, and I can say that these cream colors apply and blend rather easily --- but you might want to take note of the application process, which I will explain in the points below:
Application, Texture & Lasting Power:
- Use a base to help the product adhere to your eyelids and prevent creasing. I used my regular everyday eyeshadow base, the UDPP.
- I prefer to use my finger tips to dab on the product, working quickly in a patting and slight pushing movements to apply the cream colors. They feel wet and cooling on the lids, but pigmented.
- If you want to build up more color intensity, let the first 'layer' dry and set first, and then repeat step 2.
- For blending around the edges, I used a synthetic fibre fluffy brush to blend. I also waited a bit to let the eyeshadows set first.
- It will look a little streaky and patchy if you use a brush to apply the product. Hence I recommend using your fingertips.
- The color payoff is rather pigmented and true to what you see in the pot.
- I did not need to set this product with powder eyeshadows, as I find the cream color already smooth and intense enough.
- The product also lasted a good 6 - 8 hours without any creasing nor fading.
If you are a fan of cream eye colors, whether to use them on their own or as a colored base, you can't go wrong with these. At $32 they aren't as expensive as the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres or the GA Eyes to Kill intense. They are also better than the MAC Paintpots in my opinion because of the slightly moist texture. These are rather similar to the Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadows but with way better color selection. I might, and should do a comparison entry on cream eyeshadows...eventually!
Overall, I highly recommend picking up a couple of these shimmering cream eye colors, you can create so many different looks with them!
Lots of photos of swatches and my four looks featuring each shade - do note that I try to use only one color all over the lids to fully showcase each shade.
On my face: [All Shiseido] White Lucent Spot Control Base, Refining Liquid Foundation, White Lucent Powder Foundation to set
Cheeks: Shiseido Bronzer, MAC Nuance
VI305 Purple Dawn
Will definitely also do more indepth looks with each of these colors.
I hope this has been helpful. Thanks for looking.
p/s Shiseido products were given to me for consideration. All opinions are my own honest ones.