it has been easy this month to pick my faves, cos I keep reaching for the same things quite often!
You might have seen or heard me using some of these products quite a lot this month, some I have reviewed and featured, so let's jump right into it!
Make up items: ** click the links within to check out the respective haul/ rave entry **
- Lancome Teint Miracle (click here for my review and half-face experiment) can truly say it is one of my fave foundations!
- NARS Blushes in Madly & Luster - both are very easy to wear, natural colors that gives you a nice pop of color on your cheeks, healthy flush! Luster has a gold sheen, compared to Madly which more shimmery. Both colors have been featured in almost all of my recent LOTDs... so check those out too.
- Chanel Extrait De Gloss in Genie - love everything about this gloss, non stickey, smells great, pretty color, cool name, and did I mention, it's Chanel? Worth every cent of the $44 price tag!
- Chanel Khaki Vert
- K-palette long lasting eyebrow marker 01 - I didn't think a marker pen would be able to define my brows, but this amazes me, each time I used it, it can define my cavewoman brows giving them a very natural and groomed look. And it is very lasting throughout the day without any fading. The only downside, the tip of the marker can be a little clumped by foundation residue when you use it after some time... and so the tip can sometimes feel a little 'dry' and no ink comes out, you know, that kind of feeling?
- MAC Superslick liner in Signature Blue
- Clarins Instant Light Brush on Perfector 00 - perfect for brightening under my eyes, and to cover light spots
A closer look at some of the products mentioned above:
And for non-makeup items, we have the following:
- NIVEA Men's whitening facial foam -- confession: I 'stunt-ed' this from the brother when I ran out of my cleanser and hasn't felt the need to purchase my own cleanser yet. It lathers well, smells clean and fresh, and it promises to lighten and even out your skin tone! Wow! I need to look into men's skin care.... maybe it would be a lot less complicated, and more no-nonsense, straight to the point effective?
- Clarins Hydra Quench Cooling Cream-Gel -- I received this a while back during a Clarins event, and only used it recently when I needed an additional face cream, and I am really impressed by its texture. Light but creamy, not oily, smells awesome. Doesn't make my face oily at all when I wake up the next morning. I use my Clarins face lifting serum, followed by this cream.
- Kiehl's Formula 133 - Read all about my rave here.
- Body Shop Olive Body shampoo - bought a load of these at the TBS sale, plus the matching shampoo. My fave scent and formulaton!
And products mentioned up close:
I am running out of some stuff, and also need to replenish a couple of base items in my routine:
- a loose setting powder: right now, my MUFE super matte loose powder is almost all gone, and I still my huge tub of La Mer but I want choices! So I am expecting a Laura Mercier one coming soon, I hope that would live up to its hype and work out for me. Otherwise, it's back to the MUFE super matte.
- a foundation primer: I still have my chifure, I bought a bunch of rmk ones from some sale earlier this year? not sure if they are expired, but either way, i haven't checked, and I am itching to try out something new.....any recommendations? Or else, I can always go back to my Sana pore putty, or the very first RMK creamy base. Is there anything from Dior, or Shiseido/ Maquillage, or Shu Uemura that works wonders? Hmmm.....
Here is the LOTD with Tzarine eyeshadow duo, and Douceur blush, and on my lips, I am wearing TOPSHOP Pinch cream blush.
* pardon the terribly messed tangled hair mess in this pic! *
That's all, and what are some products you are loving this month? If you have any questions about the products mentioned here, do leave in the comments below!
Thanks for looking!