- rosexu998 likes this
My name is Sophia!
Follow @makeup_blogette on Instagram
- 1. The Body Shop New Colour Crush Shine Lipstick
- 2. Review: Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence BB
- 3. Flawless Base: How to Press & Roll Setting Powder with a Brush
- 4. Mini Review: La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream & Dry Oil
- 5. Why I haven't been updating [March/ April 2014]
- 6. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta [Photos & Swatches]
- 7. New Guerlain Spring 2014 & Quick Universal Brow Kit Demo
- 8. NEW YSL KISS & BLUSH [Photos, Information & Swatches]
- 9. URBAN DECAY Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder
- 10. LOTD: Soft Smokey Pink with MAQuillAGE Spring 2014
- 11. Diorsnow Fresh Reveal Colour Correcting Powder [Photos & Swatches]
- 12. Review & Application: Rachel K CC Renew Routine
- 13. NEW Lancôme Blush Subtil [Photos & Swatches]
- 14. Bobbi Brown x L'wren Scott: Amnesia Rose Palette [Photos & Swatches]
- 15. Clé de Peau Beauté Luminzing Face Enhancer No 14 [Photos & Swatches]
Click to check out my foundation reviews
2009 Foundations Overview
- Stupid cunt you are! And if you stop pursing your by Anonymous on The Body Shop New Colour Crush Shine Lipstick
- Totally enjoy reading it!!!! (^_^) by everbluec on Why I haven't been updating [March/ April 2014]
- Hello.. I've read your review. I realized we use the by Val T on Skincare Chat: Lancôme Blanc Expert & Super Serums
- Hi Sophia, you really are an inspiration to me! :) by Mskas9 on Why I haven't been updating [March/ April 2014]
- Hi sophia, I'm happy you're gonna post more by Saraaaaaaa on Why I haven't been updating [March/ April 2014]
- I'm looking forward to seeing your new reviews Sophia. You by mybeautyhoard on Why I haven't been updating [March/ April 2014]
- So did you end up liking final cut? I'm thinking by Anonymous on NARS Final Cut Blush [Photos & Comparisons]
- Think I may need to get my hands on Pink by Bubbly Michelle on NEW YSL KISS & BLUSH [Photos, Information & Swatches]
FAQ & DISCLAIMER
My name is Sophia, and I am in my early 30s. I am from Singapore and I am the sole writer of this blog.
About this Blog
I started this blog in 2006, I like to use a wide range of brands though I seem to have a growing preference for higher-end brands in recent years. I also like to share interesting things I have come across about makeup and beauty.
Currently The Makeup Blogette receives 39,000 unique views monthly or 2,238,932 views and counting.
My Makeup Style
I like classic looks (neutral tones on eyes, anything goes for lips & cheeks), though occasionally I try out dramatic/ statement looks. I believe that a flawless base is the key to achieving great makeup looks. I also believe that if you don't have great skin to start with, fake it with a good foundation routine, and even greater skincare. I am currently loving Clarins & Lancome skincare products, and Vichy NormaDerm for tackling with breakouts.
What Cameras do I use?
Most of the pictures you see in post 2010 entries are taken with my Canon G-11. Previously I was using Canon Ixus 80. I do post some pictures which are taken with my iphone4 which I will state in that particular entry. I have stopped watermarking my pictures as of 2011, because I think watermarks are ugly in general, and does not prevent people from stealing my pictures if they wish to. I just take it as a compliment that my pictures are even worth stealing in the first place. I might look into getting a Canon EOS next year, not just for blogging purposes, but I also like photography in general.
My Favourite Makeup Brand(s)
It is hard to name just one, but I like NARS, Chanel, Illamasqua and the ocasional Guerlain, Dior & Urban Decay item. I own quite a stash of MAC items, but recently I have stopped catching up with their collections, and I much prefer to splurge on a few really outstanding items.
Where to find me
Twitter (link button above!) Email (stated above!) Instagram (makeup_blogette)
I have no official Facebook fan page, and currently have no intention to start one at all. The Makeup Blogette remains my personal hobby and property, so as such, I don't believe in having a Facebook fanpage for it.
I bought/ paid for all of the products mentioned in this blog. I am not affliated to any company. If certain products are sent to me for review purposes, I will say so and express my honest opinions about them. In any case, I will only review and showcase the products which I have personally tried and tested, and enjoy using. I do not get paid to review anything.
No ads, no paid links etc please. I am in charge of all content and pictures here.
I am not a makeup artist, nor do I have any professional training in makeup.