Here is a quick description of the foundation:
Revive your skin with light. A revolutionary anti-aging foundation with innovative light technology to eliminate shadows and give skin a radiant, youthful glow. Radiance Reflecting Powder provides a soft-focus effect and luminosity to wrinkles for a more youthful, lifted appearance. Offers a smooth, radiant finish for 12 beautiful hours and a rich moisturizing effect for 24 hours.Smooth Wrap Oil, Hydroxyproline, and Rose Apple Leaf Extract provide abundant moisture to the help counteract wrinkles and firm the skin.
my shade - O 00 very light ochre - which is a very light neutral to yellow tone shade. It might look slightly lighter than my skintone.. and I could also go for their beige shades (B 00).
quick swatch on my hand - the consistency is quite cream and thick.
A little of the foundation goes a long way. I only use 1/2 pump to give adequate coverage to my whole face.And applying the foundation on my face -
I always use a foundation to apply, blend and buff the foundation into my skin. Here, I am using the Shiseido foundation brush.This is how my face looks like after the foundation is buffed into my face.
Overall thoughts about the foundation:
- The foundation gives medium to full coverage (but not thick). I prefer medium coverage for my foundations, so I only use 1/2 pump as earlier mentioned. On areas where I want more coverage (eg my forehead) I will build up over that area only. It is best to start with a little, and build up bit by bit. When I first use this foundation, I kind of went overboard in the amount I used, and the finish ended up a little streaky and patchy. However, as I cut down the amount of product I used, the coverage and finish is much more flawless and smooth.
- It is able to cover most imperfections, if not all, on my face, especially the faint spots and freckles.
- Speaking of flawless and smooth, this foundation gives a very smooth, almost matte finish which lasts the whole day (and with blotting twice over a 10 hour day). I would say that the foundation looks fresh on me for a good 6 - 8 hours. It did not oxidise on me at all.
- The foundation is very long lasting. It is one of the foundations I would reach for if I am out the whole day.
- If you like Chanel Matte Lumiere, Estee Lauder Double Wear (but Shiseido is less heavy), MUFE Mat Velvet+, Clarins Ultra Firming liquid foundations, then you will like the Shiseido Radiant Lifting foundation too.
Overall, I highly recommend this foundation. If you want something that gives a good coverage, and lasts through a long work day, then this foundation is a steady performer.
To finish off the whole look, I picked out a few other Shiseido products in my stash.
I used the Maquillage aura powder to lightly set the foundation (though I normally use my chanel loose powder, which works just as well), Shiseido bronzer, and the lacquer rouge in RS404 Disco.
Here is the complete look. I kept the eyes and cheeks simple. Just a simple winged liner, and the bright pop of colors on the lips.
That's all, and hope this review has been helpful!
Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
Thank you for reading!