Hi, this is an (overdue) review on the Clarins Extra Firming foundation. I was wearing this foundation consistently everyday for about 2 to 3 weeks, but didn't get to properly talk about it til now.
For product information and prices, click THIS ENTRY.
I wear the shade Ivory 103, which you can see below:
And this is a picture of me wearing it this morning - it's not the best picture, early morning, harsh flash, but I will try to explain to you the effects of wearing the foundation.
Here are my thoughts during application:
- The foundation smells GREAT, kind of fresh floral powdery.
- In terms of coverage, I would say this is a medium coverage. The texture of the foundation is smooth and creamy.
- It blends nicely into my skin. It takes a little while to settle into the skin.
- I set the foundation with loose powder.
- Overall finish is rather flawless, not thick, and it stays fresh throughout the day. Not a flat out matte foundation, there is slight dewiness, not anything crazy shiny - I would say, luminious? This is very useful, cos you want to look more awake than you really are in the morning.
- Makes my skin look smooth too.
- Oil control is so-so. I have to blot a couple of times throughout the day to keep shine away.
- I apply the foundation with my fingers most of the time.
And here is how I look like after about 10 hours - it's quite humid today. No touching up, and I blotted ONCE. I must say my face looks fresh than it actually appears in this picture.
- Foundation lasts decent for me throughout the day. I like it as a great everyday foundation. It is not overly rich, did not break me out at all in the 2 - 3 weeks I was using it everyday. I still use this most of the time, but I got distracted by other new foundations along the way.
- Some parts which I concealed probably look worn off in the above pic, but that's the concealer, not the foundation problem.
Would I recommend this foundation? Yes! Especially if you want a foundation which promises a natural skin firming effect as it contains oat sugars, and also a light reflecting one for skin luminising properties.
The foundation retails for S$55 each.
Hope you find this review helpful, and thanks for looking!