I need to devote an entry to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I have been using it for the past 2 days. Yup, only 2 days, I know, but I am completely enjoying the foundation, and I think that by the time I am done raving about it, I will be on my way to purchasing it over the weekend.
What this foundation claims to do:
A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.
Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…
Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.
Retail: S$75, 30ml
This is what I do on a normal work day. Foundation, blush, brows and some lip color, if I remember. I will list everything I use at the end of this entry. Let's list the great things I love about this foundation:
- Amazing smooth consistency, which makes it super easy to blend, and sets into your skin like nothing - this is the most striking thing I have noticed about the foundation.
- Gives flawless, natural finish. I did layer the foundation on areas where I have spots, like on my forehead and chin.
- It sets quickly. I dusted powder after the liquid foundation, and then my face is set.
- Adjustable coverage, I think it gives light to medium coverage, depending on how much you need.
- Despite the lightness, it is very long-lasting! All pictures in this entry were taken around 12 noon, and I had applied my makeup at 6.30am in the morning. This is the look after a good 5 hours in a humid environment.
- Oil control - I needed to blot my face after about 4 hours. But my face didn't look yucky greasy before blotting. And after blotting, my face is all flawless and semi-matte again.
- Despite the light coverage, I didn't find that I have to work harder to conceal problem areas. In fact, after applying the foundation, my skin seems all even-ed out and cleared, and I feel like I didn't need to use much concealer at all to spoil the effects.
- Use a primer like the Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base for extra long lasting effect, and set with a loose powder.
- This is seriously my fave foundation of the moment. I try out so many foundations, but seldom I feel so impressed this way.
- I am in the shade B10, in case you are wondering.
Click HERE to see how Lisa Eldridge uses this foundation to create a flawless base at Chanel Confidential.
Rave about my new headphones: These are Sony headphones, they are a cool matte olive green, fits perfectly, and gives great sound quality. I wear this to shut out noisy pple, and also to blast my thumping music! Plus they also act as a headband for me. And it matches my shirt today. So frivolous, but I am loving it!!
[All products used]
Chanel Sheer llluminating Base, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel Translucent Setting Powder
Chanel Bronze Corail on cheeks & highlight
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy
Concealers: MAC Prep+Prime Eye Vibrancy, Highlighter
Today, we went out for a dinner gathering and also celebrated Joey's birthday, here's a little glimpse of the little heart shaped cake we got for her:
Pciture taken at 9pm, more than 12 hours after I first applied the foundation.
Other than blotting, I didn't touch up my face at all today.
Yes, I have just psyched myself into buying this foundation tomorrow. I really love trying out foundations, and I don't mind having a load to rotate, because I know I will definitely use them up quite fast.
That's all, and thanks for looking!