This will be an entry summarising my overall thoughts and comments on the Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation UV.
Click here for PART ONE which is the product feature entry.
Click here for APPLICATION tips, and initial thoughts.
The Lasting Stick Foundation promises to soothe away pores, glides on your skin to conceal pores and uneven patches instantly to create a smooth glowing finish resistant to sweat and sebum that stays fresh for hours (8 hours). It also contains SPF24 PA++. The foundation costs $76 for 9 grams of product.
I have been using this almost everyday for the past 10 days or so, and I think I am ready to share my views on the foundation.
Just a picture to show how much I have been using it, and how it blends on out the skin.
My overall thoughts --- I am listing them point by point to avoid rambling and so that I don't forget anything.
- What I like most is that it sets immediately to a flawless finish. While you can easily blend it with your fingers, I personally prefer to blend this foundation with brush for optimal smooth and flawless effect. It has a nice finish much alike my NARS Sheer Glow foundation. Lasts longer too.
- Does not oxidise at all.
- Buildable coverage. You can glide it on your face wherever you need more coverage.
- You can choose whether you prefer to set with powder because it sets quite powdery enough for me. But for added measure and long lasting, I always set with powder.
- Packaging is cool! I like how portable it is, and you can even use it for touch ups, concealer, etc. And it is perfect for travel.
- Lasting? It barely lasted 8 hours without fading. I would say it stay 'perfect' on me for about 5 to 6 hours before it wears off. But then I have oily skin and I perspire a lot during the course of my typical work day. If you work in a air-conditioned indoor setting, I think it can certainly last longer. So my Estee Lauder Double Wear (which claims to last up for 14 hours) is better in terms of lasting and braving the harsh hot weather conditions here.
- Get matched to your skintone correctly. I would say in normal indoor lighting condition, this color PO010 suits me just nice, but it may appear a little too pinky under bright sunlight harsh conditions. However, I have swatched the other colors before, and they were all too beigy for me. This little mis-match is not very obvious, and also something that you can 'disguise' with face powders.
- The $76 question: Would I buy it if I run out?? Hell to the YES! I think this is one cool foundation which I always want to have in my stash. I can't say the same for many of the foundations I have tried out (eg the Shu Uemura, some of the MAC ones), but this really impresses me with the fine quality. And yes, it may be pricey, but personally I believe investing in a good quality foundation. It is something that you use all over your face, and you want to make sure you are putting only the good stuff on your face.
I hope I haven't missed out any points, but if you have any questions which I haven't addressed, do feel free to fire away in the comments below!
Here are some recaps of previous LOTDs when I am using this foundation.
That wraps up this product review mini series, and I am pretty sure this foundation will keep coming back in subsequent entries, and very likely monthly faves too.
For all other Maquillage related entries, click HERE if you are interested.
I hope this has been helpful, and thanks for reading.