So I got in these two bottles of Katy Perry's OPI collection this evening, and thought I would try out the colours. I am sure many of you already know about this collection, and probably already bought them too. I got 2 items from this collection, of course, the Black Shatter which is "a deep asphalt black with a shattered texture", and Teenage Dream -- well, that's like the title of that Katy Perry song, and I kind of like that song.
And while trying out the Black Shatter nail polish, I have come to the following conclusions/ tips to keep in mind:
- The shatter top coat dries matte. I personally think it looks better with a top coat for a glossy finish.
- You need to be very fast in your application. The most ideal would be one even coat, and don't double apply, if you know what I mean. Because then everything shatters blackish. Haha.
- The shattering effect is almost instantaneous. Kind of fun to watch.
- The shattering effect looks best over a glittery holographic base colour. The contrast of the black patches over the glitter/ holographic effect is quite something. Over cream finish colors, well, unless it is a pop of neon, maybe?
- Follow the instructions that say to let your base color dry first.
Some close up pictures:
Black Shatter with Color Club Fashion Addict
With and without top coat
Tried Black Shatter with the following colors from R to L:
OPI Bring on the Bling
OPI Teenage Dream
OPI Catch me in the Net
Color Club Age of Aquarius
With topcoat as shown in the first pic of this entry.
I think using the topcoat makes everything pop!
That's all, and thanks for looking!