1 November 2011
[This entry will feature the official images and collection information for Wong Kar Wai for Shu Uemura Holiday Collection, I will have actual product and swatches up in the following entry as well as an inspired LOTD]
LAUNCHING 11 NOVEMBER 2011
In honour of Shu Uemura's founding principle "art is a way of life", shu uemura continues to strengthen the bond between art and beauty in its ongoing series of artist collaborations for the 2011 holiday collection.
For the 2011 holiday season, shu uemura comes together with internationally renowed film director Wong Kar Wai. Wong is an award-winning writer-director whose unique narrative and visual styles have touched audiences around the world and inspired a generation of filmakers.
Wang Kar Wai is a master of colors, just like Mr. Shu Uemura. Possessing a unique perspective on femininity, he has specialised in capturing the mystique of women. In collaboration with Wong Kar Wai, shu uemura introduces a holiday collection rich in emotions and atmosphere, with beautiful package decoration inspired by his special short short film for shu uemura, Mask. With his distinctive appreciation of femininity and his signature style that is both nostalgic and hip, this collection emphasises timeless elegance and poetic tones, and takes the shu uemura look to a new dimension.
United through an incredible sense of color and eternal pursuit of beauty, Wong Kar Wai and shu uemura come together to create a fantasy world. Indulge in sensous emotion, experience the essence of beauty, and boldly express your own passion in this 2011 holiday season.
The short film, MASK:
In an exceptional collaboration, the celebrated film director Wong Kar Wai has created an exclusive short film for shu uemura that showcases his unique vision of femininity, all captured in his dreamily nostalgic and cooly hip style. Wong's lush visual poem 'Mask' depicts a dramatic story expressed with "rouge et bleu" - the colors red and blue.
director: Wong Kar Wai
producer: Jacky Pang Yee Wah
director of photography: Philippe LeSound
actress: Sandrinne Pinna
makeup: Kakuyasu Uchiide
film length: 45 seconds
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-HsBf2mxxQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Product information [prices will all be summarised and listed at the end of this entry]
Wong Kar Wai's exclusive film inspires the collection 'rouge et bleu' of atmosphere makeup shades. Each package of the series is decorated with a scene from the short film. Images change before your eyes when viewed from different angles, like a cinematic special effect.
eyes and cheek palette [2 shades]
- burning in water palette: Shimmery blue eyes burn with intensity. When classic bleu is fused with silver sparkles, a new fairytale begins. Deep aqua is infused with energy. Express the flush of passion from within by cheek colors.
- burning in flame palette: Drown in the impulse, indulge in love and passion. When everlasting tender rose is touched with golden dust, a story begins to glow. Express natural warmth and femininity with application of cheek colors. [I have already used this palette HERE]
false eyelashes [2 designs]
- [premium edition] dance in glitter: Graceful and luscious eyes for specific nights. Dancing in a shower of shining glitter, entice all around you with those delicate, ravishing eyelashes.
- [point accent] jeweled love: Enhance your femininity with these partial eyelashes to cast a tender and alluring gaze. Lashes blended with fluttery, classical bordeaux feathers create a soft, gorgeous look. Decorated with gold crystals, it is perfect for a holiday celebration.
glittery mascara: sparkling glitter creates a mysterious golden veil and hologram reflection on your eyelashes. Use as a topcoat over your mascara for maximum glamour.
lustrous gold powder: Pleasure Rose. Warm rosy powder with shimmering gold pearls enhances a lustrous glow. Use to create a natural transparent complexion or to add a lively blush to cheeks.
rouge unlimited [3 shades]
- rouge luster deep tender red with gold shimmer
- pink flush bright warm pink with glossy finish
- glitter fuse beige shade with golden dust
mini nail duo [2 sets]
- festive rouge pearly warm and deep rouge, with golden charm
- bleu splendor starry midnight blue, with silvery glitter
flashing gold mini brush set
set of four professional handy brushes held in a pouch with image from 'Mask'
White Recover EX+ brightening cleansing oil Advanced Formula
The collection will launch 11 November 2011.
eye and cheek palette rouge S$115 each
glitter mascara S$45
face glowing powder S$65
rouge unlimited red/beige/pink S$39 each
nail set S$49 each
brush set S$125
false eyelashes premium S$125
false eyelashes natural S$45
white recovery EX+ brightening cleansing oil 450ml S$155
Hope this has been helpful. More information and photos coming in next couple of entries, stay tuned.