My name is Sophia!
Follow @makeup_blogette on Instagram
- 1. Lancôme Vernis in Love: Boudoir Time Nail Art [Step by Step] & LOTD!
- 2. NARS ON THE RED CARPET AT THE 2013 MET BALL
- 3. LOTD: Bloodroses & Cabana Boy
- 4. Lancôme Vernis in Love: Jolis Matins [Photos & Swatches]
- 5. How I Brighten Under My Eyes
- 6. LOTD: Lancôme x Alber Elbaz Wide Eyes Eyeshadow Palette [Step by Step]
- 7. Kevyn Aucoin: The Expert Lip Color in Bloodroses & Small Eyeshadow Brush [Swatches & LOTD]
- 8. Four Gorgeous Lancôme Rouge in Love [Swatches & LOTDs]
- 9. THE BALM: Hot Mama! & Cabana Boy blushes [Photos & Swatches]
- 10. Lancôme Vernis in Love: Tonight Is My Night [Photos & Swatches]
- 11. Bobbi Brown's Skincare Luxuries [Quick Skincare Chat]
- 12. Lancôme Vernis in Love: Boudoir Time [Photos & Swatches]
- 13. Dior Summer 2013 Bird of Paradise Collection 374 Blue Lagoon
- 14. CLIO Professional Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liners in 3 'Bloody' Shades [Photos & Swatches]
- 15. Lancôme x Alber Elbaz Collection: The Wide Eyes Look [Photos & Swatches]
Click to check out my foundation reviews
2009 Foundations Overview
- May I know what Essie polish was swatched in this by Anonymous on Haul: Butter London now Available at Takashimaya [Photos, Trout Pout Swatches & Comparisons]
- Where can I get macaroon I live in the us by Anonymous on Revlon Lip Butters: Cotton Candy, Macaroon & Peach Parfait [Photos & Swatches]
- Hi babe i tried this foundation w the lancome pro by SuMMeRY44 on Lancôme Mat Miracle 24H Foundation Review & Application
- These are the most flattering pics of you! you look by KristinaANON on LOTD: Bloodroses & Cabana Boy
- I love all your little nail art! Makes it look by elizaheartsmakeup on Lancôme Vernis in Love: Boudoir Time Nail Art [Step by Step] & LOTD!
- You can pull off all the shades well! Pink just by icyabstract on Four Gorgeous Lancôme Rouge in Love [Swatches & LOTDs]
- Bleu de Flore is lovely! by icyabstract on Lancôme Vernis in Love: Boudoir Time [Photos & Swatches]
- That lip and blush combo of Cabana Boy and Bloodroses by icyabstract on LOTD: Bloodroses & Cabana Boy
FAQ & DISCLAIMER
My name is Sophia, and I am in my early 30s. I am from Singapore and I am the sole writer of this blog.
About this Blog
I started this blog in 2006, I like to use a wide range of brands though I seem to have a growing preference for higher-end brands in recent years. I also like to share interesting things I have come across about makeup and beauty.
Currently The Makeup Blogette receives 39,000 unique views monthly or 2,238,932 views and counting.
My Makeup Style
I like classic looks (neutral tones on eyes, anything goes for lips & cheeks), though occasionally I try out dramatic/ statement looks. I believe that a flawless base is the key to achieving great makeup looks. I also believe that if you don't have great skin to start with, fake it with a good foundation routine, and even greater skincare. I am currently loving Clarins & Lancome skincare products, and Vichy NormaDerm for tackling with breakouts.
What Cameras do I use?
Most of the pictures you see in post 2010 entries are taken with my Canon G-11. Previously I was using Canon Ixus 80. I do post some pictures which are taken with my iphone4 which I will state in that particular entry. I have stopped watermarking my pictures as of 2011, because I think watermarks are ugly in general, and does not prevent people from stealing my pictures if they wish to. I just take it as a compliment that my pictures are even worth stealing in the first place. I might look into getting a Canon EOS next year, not just for blogging purposes, but I also like photography in general.
My Favourite Makeup Brand(s)
It is hard to name just one, but I like NARS, Chanel, Illamasqua and the ocasional Guerlain, Dior & Urban Decay item. I own quite a stash of MAC items, but recently I have stopped catching up with their collections, and I much prefer to splurge on a few really outstanding items.
Where to find me
Twitter (link button above!) Email (stated above!) Instagram (makeup_blogette)
I have no official Facebook fan page, and currently have no intention to start one at all. The Makeup Blogette remains my personal hobby and property, so as such, I don't believe in having a Facebook fanpage for it.
I bought/ paid for all of the products mentioned in this blog. I am not affliated to any company. If certain products are sent to me for review purposes, I will say so and express my honest opinions about them. In any case, I will only review and showcase the products which I have personally tried and tested, and enjoy using. I do not get paid to review anything.
No ads, no paid links etc please. I am in charge of all content and pictures here.
I am not a makeup artist, nor do I have any professional training in makeup.