(BN) TWO FACED BRONZER PALETTE $30 BRAND NEW. SGD$30
My name is Sophia!
Follow @makeup_blogette on Instagram
- 1. Shiseido Private Sale: NARS HAUL [Photos & Swatches]
- 2. Chanel Le Vernis Taboo [Swatches & Comparisons]
- 3. NARS x Pierre Hardy Rotonde Blush [Photos & Swatches]
- 4. Shiseido Private Sale 12 & 13 June 2013
- 5. Dior Summer 2013 Bird of Paradise Collection 002 CORAL GLOW [Photos & Comparisons]
- 6. NARS x Pierre Hardy Nail Polish [Vertebra]
- 7. NARS x Pierre Hardy Nail Polish [Ethno Run]
- 8. NARS x Pierre Hardy Nail Polish [Easy Walking]
- 9. NARS x Pierre Hardy Nail Polish [Sharks]
- 10. GIVENCHY Le Rouge Couler Intense 306 Carmin Escarpin [Photo & Swatches]
- 11. My Bath & Bodyworks Obsession & an Awesome Swap
- 12. NEW Guerlain Le Vernis Maxi Shine [Review & Complete Swatches]
- 13. Coming Soon: NARS x Pierre Hardy & Summer 2013
- 14. NEW Guerlain Le Vernis Maxi Shine [Photos & Information]
- 15. Dior Summer Mix 2013 [Photos & Information]
Click to check out my foundation reviews
2009 Foundations Overview
- Name: Sara Email: email@example.com I've by Saratini on [OPEN] Kiehl's Summer Giveaway! (worth S$63)
- Funny but once you put Taboo alongside Malice, it seems by icyabstract on Chanel Le Vernis Taboo [Swatches & Comparisons]
- What a great haul! I got the NARS Dogon Eyeshadow by Jamilla Camel on Shiseido Private Sale: NARS HAUL [Photos & Swatches]
- Oh! They changed the timing to 8pm! Glad they did, by whimsicalperfection on Shiseido Private Sale: NARS HAUL [Photos & Swatches]
- Such gorgeous swatches!! And thanks for the shoutout! <3 by Sheshopsmakeup on Chanel Le Vernis Taboo [Swatches & Comparisons]
- you never mentioned the name of the eyeshadow quad, or by Anonymous on Review: Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation & Eyeshadow Palette
- Hi, is this open to the public? by isabeldereality on Shiseido Private Sale 12 & 13 June 2013
- Wow this looks beautiful. The packaging, the color and it by icyabstract on GIVENCHY Le Rouge Couler Intense 306 Carmin Escarpin [Photo & Swatches]
FAQ & DISCLAIMER
My name is Sophia, and I am in my early 30s. I am from Singapore and I am the sole writer of this blog.
About this Blog
I started this blog in 2006, I like to use a wide range of brands though I seem to have a growing preference for higher-end brands in recent years. I also like to share interesting things I have come across about makeup and beauty.
Currently The Makeup Blogette receives 39,000 unique views monthly or 2,238,932 views and counting.
My Makeup Style
I like classic looks (neutral tones on eyes, anything goes for lips & cheeks), though occasionally I try out dramatic/ statement looks. I believe that a flawless base is the key to achieving great makeup looks. I also believe that if you don't have great skin to start with, fake it with a good foundation routine, and even greater skincare. I am currently loving Clarins & Lancome skincare products, and Vichy NormaDerm for tackling with breakouts.
What Cameras do I use?
Most of the pictures you see in post 2010 entries are taken with my Canon G-11. Previously I was using Canon Ixus 80. I do post some pictures which are taken with my iphone4 which I will state in that particular entry. I have stopped watermarking my pictures as of 2011, because I think watermarks are ugly in general, and does not prevent people from stealing my pictures if they wish to. I just take it as a compliment that my pictures are even worth stealing in the first place. I might look into getting a Canon EOS next year, not just for blogging purposes, but I also like photography in general.
My Favourite Makeup Brand(s)
It is hard to name just one, but I like NARS, Chanel, Illamasqua and the ocasional Guerlain, Dior & Urban Decay item. I own quite a stash of MAC items, but recently I have stopped catching up with their collections, and I much prefer to splurge on a few really outstanding items.
Where to find me
Twitter (link button above!) Email (stated above!) Instagram (makeup_blogette)
I have no official Facebook fan page, and currently have no intention to start one at all. The Makeup Blogette remains my personal hobby and property, so as such, I don't believe in having a Facebook fanpage for it.
I bought/ paid for all of the products mentioned in this blog. I am not affliated to any company. If certain products are sent to me for review purposes, I will say so and express my honest opinions about them. In any case, I will only review and showcase the products which I have personally tried and tested, and enjoy using. I do not get paid to review anything.
No ads, no paid links etc please. I am in charge of all content and pictures here.
I am not a makeup artist, nor do I have any professional training in makeup.