Hi hi! This entry will be a review of the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation
- I am using mine in the shade Shell - and I got this from a swap with my friend in Australia, Inta! Check out her beauty blog here
Here is the product description:
Consider Immaculate the miracle foundation for oily skin. This breakthrough liquid to powder formula absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections, and delivers a long-lasting velvet matte finish—without the need for touch-ups. In a consumer study, Immaculate’s advanced formula was shown to target oily, acne-prone skin.
Breakthrough liquid-to-powder formula delivers an unparalleled matte finish with real longevity that lasts all day, eliminating the need for powder, blotting tissues or constant touch-ups.
Cashmere Kaolinite Clay, an advanced new clay, offers exceptional oil absorption—absorbing 75% of its weight in sebum while retaining moisture in the skin.
The oil-free and water-resistant foundation goes on smoothly and dries down instantly to a soft, velvet finish that never looks dull or flat.
Unlike matte foundations of old, Immaculate’s superfine treated pigments provide unsurpassed coverage without looking cakey or mask-like, or feeling dry on the skin.
My shade Shell, is the fourth shade in the range - it is a light neutral shade with some slight golden undertone.
I have been using it for more than a month, and I am most impressed by its mattifying factor and lasting power. Before I go into the details, here's some pictures of the application process.
I usually use the foundation over a sunscreen base (usually YSL UV Shield or Sulwhasoo Snowise BB base) because the foundation itself does not contain any SPF. But in these pics, I am showing the application over bare skin.
The foundation itself is quite thick and creamy.. and it reminds me of my Chanel Mat Lumiere because it dries quite quickly and you need to clear the pump opening or else it will dry and clog at the opening. Not much of an issue for me though.
Here's the application:
The warm tones of the foundation really helps to neutralise the pink and redness in my skin, especially around my nose and on my cheeks. The foundation is easy to apply and blend, and I usually use a buffing brush to work the foundation into my skin.
As you can see in the half face picture, the foundation immediately sets quite matte, and I don't really have to use a powder to set the foundation. On a daily basis, I usually do set (cos I want the foundation to 'properly' set for the rest of the day, and also bearing in mind that I have a sunscreen base underneath). However, let's say I use this foundation for a night out, I would skip the sunscreen base, and I can just use the foundation on its own.
Products used in this picture:
I do however, use a FINISHING powder, in this case, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light to finish the foundation, as well as to add a subtle glow back into the skin.
face - Hourglass Liquid Powder foundation, finished with Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Dim Light
concealer - YSL touche eclat under the eyes
eyes - Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage
liners - THREE Flash Performance Liners in 03 and 06
lips - Hourglass Femme Rouge ICON
cheeks - ADDICTION blush in Amazing
brows - Anastasia brow powder duo, set with NARS brow gel in Piraeus
Overall thoughts of the foundation:
- The foundation offers medium to full coverage. It is quite buildable, but I really suggest just applying a smooth even layer, instead of trying to build it up too much. It is able to even out my skintone and cover up most of my obvious spots.. so sometimes I can just skip any other concealer if I am running out of time.
- The foundation is indeed one of the most mattifying ones I have used - other comparables include Chanel Mat Lumiere, Lancome Mat Miracle foundation. It looks fresh for most of the day, without me having to blot at all. It also doesn't look dull and flat despite the matte finish. It just makes my skin look quite smooth and diffuses the look of pores on my skin.
- I think that this is a foundation suited for people with quite oily complexion, and people who like to have a very matte foundation. For me, I enjoy the smooth matte finish, but I would use a more radiant finishing powder to give me a slightly more radiant look.
- The foundation is able to last me a good 10 - 12 hours of a typical work day, and I never have to worry about my foundation looking faded or worn by the end of the day.
Hope this review has been helpful, and thanks for reading!
I have one more Hourglass entry coming up next... lippies! Stay tuned!