Just thought of catching up a bit before we start a new work week. Seriously, where did February go to, and how did March come along so fast? March is my birthday month, and I am reminded so many times today via messages from various stores giving me birthday discounts and all the sweet treats. Before I go on about that in the rest of this entry, let's catch up in other ways. I hope you don't find such entries boring, cos that's real life for me... nothing super crazy exciting to update.. but just general life updates.
I guess the most of February was about the Chinese New Year celebrations, lots of eating and feasting and I probably didn't socialise as much as I should, or would like to. As I grow older, I realise I really just want to spend time with only my closest people, instead of trying to visit as many people as possible. So I guess I met the same people that I would have otherwise spend my time with any other day. Ate lots of food, and today I weighed in at my accu centre, and I am relieved to confirm that I didn't put on that much weight (well, plus/ minus one kg is really acceptable) - weightloss talk is another topic I will touch on later in this potentially rambly entry.
I was trying to import pictures from my camera roll this evening, and I have several events that I want to share on the blog soon. I will probably do a round up, just lots of pictures spam and brief collection information. I feel bad showing makeup and not using them, but the fact is, I haven't been rotating that much exciting stuff lately. I am trying out a few foundations, playing with different formula, and using lots of new lipsticks as you would have seen in the previous few entries. So again, pardon me while I take my time (like really taking my time) to get back to you on the actual product features.
Did anyone watch 50SOG? I watched the movie (without reading the books, though I did wiki-read about it) and the cliff hanger ending got me reading and finishing the first two books in a matter of 72 hours. Not that the plot is super riveting, you got to admit, the plot and events of the books got quite repetitive after a while. The movie adaptation is a condensed version of the crucial bits of the book...I like the movie enough to watch it a second time (this time I am able to pick up some details which are so obvious from the print version). I am glad that the movie left out the annoying bits. I am currently listening to the OST, some of the haunting tracks really got me. Good for driving about it, and blasting in my ears while I go for my runs.
Here are a few pictures which you would have already seen me posting on IG - I try to keep my captions/ descriptions very brief on there. But allow me to indulge in some lengthy write up on what sort of clothes I like to get up to these days, as you can see from the following pictures:
1. Shorts with anything on top combo - I love these tailored shorts. They aren't too short, and they look smart. I used to be more conscious of how FAIR my legs look, but I guess the more I exposed them the more gradually they are blending into the rest of the skintone on my body. I love pairing my shorts with a smart top, striped top, longish blouse, shirt, you name it. And my fave shorts are this pair of black tailored one from Zara, and a couple more chinos shorts from Uniqlo. I was a lot more into jeans last year, but now I find them restrictive and too hot. It is a lot more liberating and youthful to rock something shorter - who says you need stick thin legs to wear them short stuff, right?
2. Short (above the knee ending just below mid-thigh) dresses - which are great for going out, casual days. Definitely not work appropriate given the length and the potential for them to fly up. I find dresses easy to dress up and down, depending on the footwear and other accessories. H&M, Zara and COS make some of my fave dresses. I recently got a bunch on ASOS too.
3. I love my Valentino rockstud slingbag!
In these pics:
nude long sleeved tee - COS
striped long sleeved tee - COS
black shorts - Uniqlo
bags - Valentino rockstud sling black, HERMES HAC (not mine obviously), black Marc Jacobs backpack (not mine)
short striped dresses - H&M, from some random shop at Far East Plaza
A selfie at work -
Textured sweater, ZARA (current season)
Dotted Gap Shirt
Speaking of work...it is zapping most of my energy during the day, and I just want to slack and rest whenever I can.. hence the severe lack of blog updates. Shan't go too much into it, as that's never been my habit nor inclination.
Last week, my lovely girls (sis Meryl, Kim, Jerlaine & Amy) celebrated my birthday, which is a crazy total surprise - since half of us won't be in SG around the time of my actual bday. They gave me a gift voucher for a juice cleanse programme (which I will start this coming weekend) and I hope I will be able to blog about my experience again this time. Love the girls, and I am amazed again at how many years we have celebrated other another's bdays. #forever25
Another shameless selfie of me last weekend. Wearing MAC Miley Cyrus lipstick - it stains my lips like crazy, but it is a stunning pink that's very creamy and easy to pull off. Also featured here are my Hachill mirror shades, I get so many questions on these shades. I got my Hachill shades in JB - but you might be able to get them online at the website (they are based in Hong Kong).
This selfie shows a 'new' makeup look which I have been loving. Nothing ground breaking - but there's a lot of glitter and shimmer piled on at the lower lids.
I like to use my Laura Mercier caviar sticks as a base (they set really well) and then pat on a shimmery peachy color, or a glittery pigment over it. It seems to make my eyes look bigger, and make my otherwise boring neutral eyelook more interesting. Surprisingly I didn't experience much fall out with this 'new style'.
I also got a tatt a couple of weeks ago. Not gonna show you where or the exact picture.. but it is just a very personal one for me. #YOLO and all that. Here are a few pics I got from Pinterest when I was doing my research. I am happy and I am itching to get more.
On the health and weight loss front, I think I am entering a new phase, of maintaining, and if I lose anymore, I am glad.. but I am not gonna beat myself up for it. I am still working out (I use the term working out very loosely....cos I just slow jog/ brisk walk) very often, and I try my best to eat cleanly whenever possible - this means I prep my workday lunch meals, and rest of the workday I eat as light as possible.. and when I am out eating in more social situations, I just avoid all carbs.
Let me try to sum things up of what I have been doing:
1. breakfast - 100ml of milk, with half cup of museli/ oats.
2. weekday lunch - boiled vege (about 150g portion), air fried chicken or fish (150g portion), accompanied with a couple of dishes from my work cafeteria.
3. weekday dinner - at home (just some vege or soup), if I am eating out, just a normal carb less dinner.
4. socialising - I drink socially once or twice a week, usually cocktails, wine.
5. weekends - I allow myself a cheat meal (still no carb, but definitely eating more in one seating) sometimes if baking is involved (#cafedemeryl) I will eat cakes and be happy about it
6. Do take note that 2-6 are really just guidelines... I don't kill myself trying to keep track, you will never see me counting calories, weighing portions of food. After prepping for so long, you begin to get a good idea how much is a portion, just like I can tell distances quite well now (from running about). It is a lifestyle choice that I have made and can live with for over a year. I don't feel guilty about over eating (I positively scoff at the #fatdieme tag). I just over compensate by going for a good run the next day, or eat less the next day. If you wanna indulge and eat, just bloody enjoy it.
7. I clock in at least 20km of running/jogging a week. This is very consistent and essential for me since I don't do any other exercise.
8. I still go for my accu & massage once a week - more so for maintainence.
9. Have a weighing scale, weigh in every day, every other day, up to you... but don't wait til you know you have put on way too much, and can't bear to stand in it to face the numbers. It is easier to get rid of the 500g of extra bits then have to run off the 5kg because you were too scared to weigh yourself and find out.
My weight has been constant for the past 3 months... but I am getting more toned, my limbs are taut (nowhere near beach body ready I still have some flabby bits and that's okay) but I am happy with my efforts and progress. I don't proclaim to be an expert on the whole weight loss thing, but I have found some life-long habits that I can hold on to. I wanna look happy, and not be miserable counting fats and what I am eating.
just keep moving! #sophianikerun
broccoli and steamed fish
boiled brocoli (the australian ones are super yummy and sweet) and air-fried chicken fillet (marinated in oyster sauce, chopped chilli and garlic).
I guess that's all I have to say for now... and I hope to update the blog with more beauty chats soon. Stay tuned!